Welcome from the Dean
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Crummer. When considering what makes the Crummer experience so distinctive, I think of three things:
- The first is excellence. We have a real commitment to excellence here that is evidenced in the quality of our classes, faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- The second thing is the personal nature of our approach. Crummer provides educational experiences that are intimate and interactive. Our faculty and staff are accessible, approachable, and strive to be as helpful and supportive as possible.
- Finally, the last word would be family. At Crummer, we understand that pursuing a graduate business degree is a journey that requires the support and participation of those important people in your lives. We strive to both include your family in your journey, as well as welcome you into the extensive, tight-knit Crummer family.
I invite you to explore our website and please reach out to any of us if you have further questions.
Dean Deborah Crown, Ph.D.
The mission of the Rollins College Crummer Graduate School of Business is to develop global business leaders and innovators through a high quality, integrated, experiential education that prepares them to add significant value to their organizations and communities.
We will be increasingly recognized nationally as a world-class graduate business school. To enable this, our faculty, staff, and students will ensure that:
- The Crummer Graduate School of Business is a student-centric, stakeholder-focused center of learning that operates in an innovative and responsible manner.
- Its academic reputation, rankings, and leadership, provide for well-resourced and highly sustainable centers of excellence, supported by global partnerships and scholarly research.
- Its identity is based upon transformative experiential learning, building on its historical strengths in leadership, ethics, entrepreneurship, and a global mindset.
- It distinctively operates within a robust ecosystem that incorporates cutting edge technology and integrated resources for the creation and delivery of management education that outpaces the requirements of our industry partners.
- Its educational and business practices foster sustainable and innovative knowledge that anticipate student, faculty and market needs through collaboration with our partners in the commercial, government and academic sectors.
- It adds value to our partner’s bottom line by educating and enhancing the human capital that drives the financial performance of organizations.
At the Crummer Graduate School of Business, our beliefs govern our approach to management education, which are informed by these values:
- EXCELLENCE Our commitment to excellence requires a shared accountability to our standards by students, staff, and faculty. This standard of excellence is grounded in an appreciation for diversity of experience, background, and perspective.
- INTEGRITY Valuing integrity requires that all who are associated with Crummer are accountable to the highest ethical standards and practices. Educate, Impact
- INNOVATION Being innovative means that we have an entrepreneurial teaching mindset that generates enterprising and responsible business practices for global leaders.
- LIFELONG LEARNING Our commitment to lifelong learning is exemplified through experiential and collaborative activities. We hold that learning through peer-to-peer, faculty-to-peer, and post-graduate experiences are essential to the interests of our community.
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILTY Being fiscally responsible means that we make mission-centric decisions which ensure operational success and long-term value creation.
- DIVERSITY Our commitment to diversity is rooted in the belief that equity and inclusion drive excellence and innovation. We are committed to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, hertitages and experiences.
- IMPACT We are committed to continually responding to, and influencing the skills of our stakeholders and society at large. We hold that these skills are essential to creating value across a broad time horizon and shaping organizations across the globe.
- TOUCHPOINT We believe that excellence is achieved by delivering personal, high-touch, and customized experiences extending throughout our student and customer lifecycle, from the prospective student phase, to the classroom and beyond.
Dr. Deborah Crown | Dean, Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College
Dr. Crown has held leadership positions in business schools for more than twenty years, while also holding academic chairs in strategic leadership for much of her tenure.
During Dr. Crown’s tenure at Crummer, the school has been ranked the #1 MBA in Florida by Forbes Magazine and #1 in the country for leadership for four years in a row by HR.com. In addition to overseeing the School’s successful re-accreditation process through the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International—a distinction earned by less than five percent of the world’s business schools—Dr. Crown has led the development and implementation of a new strategic plan for Crummer.
Previously, Dr. Crown was the Dean of the College of Business at Hawaii Pacific University, the largest private University in Hawaii. She also served as the Associate Dean of the Lucas Graduate School of Business and a Lucas Endowed Professor of Strategic Leadership at San Jose State University. Her previous experience also includes serving as the Director of Graduate Programs as well as the Faculty Director of the Appalachian Regional Entrepreneurial Group in the College of Business and the Voinovich School for Leadership & Public Affairs respectively, both at Ohio University.
She also spent 13 years at the University of Alabama where she was the Miles-Rose Professor of Leadership and Ph.D. Coordinator for Management. Additionally, her research has led to long-term sustained performance in football, basketball, and baseball most notably at the University of Alabama’s School of Business.
Her work has been featured in national press publications such as the Wall Street Journal, CNN, ABC National News, New York Times, USA Weekend, and Entrepreneur, as well as academic journals and books. She is also the recipient of a number of national awards for her research, as well as university and college awards for her teaching, mentoring, and service.
Her primary research interests include leadership, performance issues, with special attention to international and multicultural environments, organizational work teams, professional and collegiate sport teams, and ethics and social responsibility. She received her Ph.D. from the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado, a Master of Science from the University of Colorado, Denver, and Executive Education at Harvard.
Top-Ranked Business School
Discover Why Crummer is the #1 MBA in Florida
Forbes: #1 MBA in Florida for Return on Investment
The Crummer Early Advantage MBA is No. 1 among Business Schools in Florida according to Forbes, September 2019. This ranking is conducted every two years and we have consistently been ranked among the top two full-time MBA’s in Florida since 1999. Rankings are based on a student’s return on investment 5 years after graduation.
Leadership Excellence: #1 in the Nation
The Crummer MBA at the Crummer Graduate School of Business has been recognized as the top leadership development educator by HR.com’s 2019 Leadership Excellence awards.
Princeton Review Best Business Schools List
The Princeton Review features the Crummer MBA in its list of “Best Business Schools” for 2020.
CEO Magazine Tier One Business School
CEO Magazine lists the Crummer Graduate School of Business as a Tier One business school in its Global MBA Rankings.
Premier Global DBA
The Crummer Executive Doctorate in Business Administration is showcased by CEO Magazine as a premier DBA program. The list is based upon accreditation, quality of faculty, geography, and international standing.
U.S. News & World Report
In addition to its business school, Rollins College has received top rankings from national publications for all of its graduate and undergraduate programs. For 25 years in a row, Rollins has been ranked among the top two regional universities in the South and has been the top-ranked Florida school in the category by U.S. News & World Report.
The Suite Spot for Executives
With a diverse portfolio of degree and non-degree programming at the senior-executive level, Crummer is regionally renowned for helping organizations retain and develop executive talent.
Whether you seek to earn a prestigious MBA, elevate your expertise with Florida’s first AACSB-accredited doctorate in business administration degree, or expand your knowledge through specialized workshops and programming, Crummer has the right opportunity for you.
At the Heart of Everything
Sure, the Rollins College campus in Winter Park, Florida, is gorgeous (Princeton Review recently ranked it the the most beautiful campus in the country). And, yes, the Orlando region is one of the top vacation destinations in the world, with endless entertainment options for you and your family.
But did you know that Rollins and Crummer, just 10 minutes from downtown Orlando, are at the heart of a thriving business community? The Orlando region led the nation in job growth from 2014-2018, and is attracting some of the biggest names in business, creating thousands of high-wage, high-tech jobs in a region traditionally known for tourism. Recently named one of the nation’s most cost-competitive locations, Orlando is an emerging tech and startup hub and Florida’s friendliest metro for small businesses.
With deep connections to local, regional, and global organizations, Crummer can help you take your career or business to the next level.
We invite you to explore the Visit Rollins website for directions to campus.
Contact a Staff Member
Thank you for your interest in the Crummer Graduate School of Business. Our exceptional staff members are here to help you and answer any questions you may have.
Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College
1000 Holt Avenue – 2722 | Winter Park, FL | 32789-4499
Student Services: 407-691-1195
Deborah Crown, Dean
Tracy Perry, Assistant to the Dean
William Seyfried, Associate Dean for Academics
Michael Kazazis, Director of Business Development & Partner Relations
Craig Kaufman, Executive Director of Enrollment Management
Rebecca Powell, Recruitment Manager
Jessica Wensel, Assistant Recruitment and Database Manager
Jake Rakoci, Assistant Operations & Database Reporting Manager
Carolyn Turner, PCM, Associate Director of Marketing & Communications
Kate Kehrberger, Associate Director of Marketing & Communications
Renee Quintanilla, Director of Student Success
Ann Ketteringham, Program Manager
Francine Chase, Assistant Registrar
Career Resource Center
Kimberly Williams, Associate Director
Center for Advanced Entrepreneurship
Kyle White, Assistant Director
Center for Leadership Development
Sabrina Deshner, Assistant Director
Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy & Nonprofit Leadership
Min Sun Kim, Interim Executive Director
Jim Moody, Program Manager
Jamie Hollis, Program Manager
Tracey Olaez, Membership and Administrative Specialist
Barbara Van Arsdale, Administrative and Program Services Manager
Ileah Vazquez, Program Coordinator
Crummer News & Stories
A Culture of Excellence: Crummer Alum is a Key Part of Warriors’ Championship Culture
Crummer alum and Golden State Warrior’s Senior Director of Partnerships, Dave Pitt `04 `06MBA, has had a front row seat to one of the greatest sports dynasties of all-time.
Crummer’s Dr. Whittingham Puts Theory into Practice with Newly Launched Coffee Company
Years of consulting trips to Costa Rica’s coffee-rich farmland inspired Dr. Whittingham to launch Artifx Cafe, designed to create real income for small farmers and positively impact their communities.
Citi Senior VP Gaileon Thompson Creating a Legacy in the Finance Field
Gaileon Thompson `01 `03MBA leveraged her strong interpersonal skills to land a senior analyst position at SunTrust upon graduating from Crummer – she now funds a scholarship in her father’s name and
Sights & Sounds: Alumni Gather for 2019 Oktoberfest Scholarship Fundraiser
Crummer Oktoberfest 2019 was one of the best years yet, raising over $22,000 for the Crummer Scholarship Fund, a new record. We captured the night via video and photos.
Global Links ‘Ripple Effect’ Transforming Lives in Brazil, India
Global Links seeks corporate partnerships as it enters next phase of its work empowering females through education and entrepreneurship.
EDBA Graduate Applies Innovative Research Methods to Mergers and Acquisitions Study
Dr. Eduardo Vinocur, an expert in the fields of strategic management and mergers and acquisitions, finds an interesting link between strategic management and the success of mergers and acquisitions.